Choose your program
Application deadline to be accepted by German university and KNRTU-KAI.
Timeline: by 30 June for VISA countries students, 15 July for CIS countries students and 30 July for Russian citizens.
If you apply sooner you increase your chances to be admitted.
Fill out inquiry form
Upon request, submit full application online or email the documents
Click here to see a sample.
- - Communication and Signal Processing (CSP)
- - Automotive Engineering (AE)
For others optional.
Only required for:
- - Chemical and Energy Engineering (CEE)
- - Research in Computer and System Engineering (RCSE)
- - Embedded Systems (ES)
- - For others optional
In your motivation letter answer the following questions:
- 1. Why do you want to study in GRIAT?
- 2. What are your expectations from a study in GRIAT?
- 3. Why do you apply for the chosen MSc programs?
- 4. Why do you think you are the proper candidate for this program?
- 5. Are there any technology trends which are especially interesting for you?
- 6. What is your professional goal? In which sphere would you like to work after obtaining your Master’s degree?
- 7. How would you evaluate your own personality? Do you think you are a leader? Are you somebody who can make a difference? What makes you think so? (Emphasize your strong points, but be realistic.)
- 8. Please list your personal skills (Communication/Organizational/Managerial Skills; Computer/IT skills; Other skills)
- 9. What knowledge and skills gathered in your previous education will be useful?
- 10. Have you gathered any relevant experience as a member of any organization? (Students association, volunteer service, etc.)
- 11. In which way do you intend to contribute to the social, political or technical development of your home country once you graduate and hold a certain position?
(You may refer to knowledge from books and newspapers as well as to your professional or personal experience. Some facts and figures are highly welcome).
Prepare for an interview in English
During the interview Russian and German professors will check your motivation for study, your subject matter knowledge, and the overall reasons for choosing GRIAT.
Improve your English
To pass an interview in English level B1 is required.
Questions asked at the interview
Pass the interview. Receive conditional admission letter
Submit original documents (in person / by express mail)
Arrive in Kazan. Receive official admission
Students from VISA countries must arrive before August 26, the CIS countries and Russia before August 10.
All students have to go through the medical examination, check in to the hostel and take ID cards in the dean's office.
Pay tuition fees
International students study for a fee in the Russian Federation. But in GRIAT you save money compared to the costs of studying in Europe. You get a quality education in English and 2 diplomas from the KNRTU-KAI and a leading German university.
CIS countries students pay only part of the cost of German education (the Russian part of education is free)
VISA countries students pay the full study fee
The cost may vary slightly depending on the exchange rate
Cost of living in Germany and Russia
*Visa is paid once.
Begin your study
Kazan - a city of students