1. Choose your program
- Communication and Signal Processing (Partner-University: Technical University of Ilmenau)
- Research in Computer and Systems Engineering (Partner-University: Technical University of Ilmenau)
- Automotive Engineering (Partner-University: Technical University of Ilmenau)
- Electrical Engineering and Information Technology (Partner-University: Otto-von Guericke University Magdeburg)
- Chemical and Energy Engineering (Partner-University: Otto-von Guericke University Magdeburg)
- Systems Engineering and Engineering Cybernetics (Partner-University: Otto-von Guericke University Magdeburg)
- Embedded Computing Systems (Partner-University: Technical University of Kaiserslautern)
- Advanced Quantum Technologies (Partner-University: Technical University of Kaiserslautern)
- Intelligent Data Processing (Partner-University: Technical University of Kaiserslautern)
Partner University: Technical University of Ilmenau, Technical University of Kaiserslautern, Otto-von Guericke University Magdeburg
KNRTU-KAI / TUIL Diploma
KNRTU-KAI / TUK Diploma
KNRTU-KAI / OVGU Diploma
(sample-ссылка на примеры дипломов см. вложения)
2 years: 1st -2nd semesters at KNRTU-KAI, 3rd semester at TUIL/ TUK/ OVGU, 4th semester at KNRTU-KAI or TUIL / TUK/ OVGU*
*to be approved at least 3 months prior by German and Russian program coordinators and GRIAT administration
Application Deadline: ?
Admission requirements: download table
Cost of studies and living https://griat.kai.ru/cost-of-studies-and-living
2. Fill out inquiry form
Please provide basic information about your personal educational background https://griat.kai.ru/apply
You will be contacted within a few business days and provided information about your future steps.
3. Upon request, submit full application online
- Scan of notarized Russian translation of national ID (passport) used for travelling to Russia
Your passport must be valid for at least months after the end of your stay in Russia.
- BSc/MSc diploma with the transcript of records
If you have not received it yet, please provide the official transcript of records for all years of studies.
Note: If you later receive conditional admission letter, you will need to provide notarized translation of BSc diploma and transcript of records into Russian that could be done through a Russian Consulate or Ministry of Foreign Affairs in your country.
Click here to see a sample.
- - Communication and Signal Processing (CSP)
- - Automotive Engineering (AE)
For others optional.
- Motivation letter
Only required for:
- - Chemical and Energy Engineering (CEE)
- - Research in Computer and System Engineering (RCSE)
- - Embedded Systems (ES)
- - For others optional
In your motivation letter answer the following questions:
1. Why do you want to study in GRIAT?
2. What are your expectations from a study in GRIAT?
3. Why do you apply for the chosen MSc programs?
4. Why do you think you are the proper candidate for this program?
5. Are there any technology trends which are especially interesting for you?
6. What is your professional goal? In which sphere would you like to work after obtaining your Master’s degree?
7. How would you evaluate your own personality? Do you think you are a leader? Are you somebody who can make a difference? What makes you think so? (Emphasize your strong points, but be realistic.)
8. Please list your personal skills (Communication/Organizational/Managerial Skills; Computer/IT skills; Other skills)
9. What knowledge and skills gathered in your previous education will be useful?
10. Have you gathered any relevant experience as a member of any organization? (Students association, volunteer service, etc.)
11. In which way do you intend to contribute to the social, political or technical development of your home country once you graduate and hold a certain position?
(You may refer to knowledge from books and newspapers as well as to your professional or personal experience. Some facts and figures are highly welcome).
4. Prepare for an interview in English
During the interview Russian and German professors will check your motivation for study, your subject matter knowledge, and the overall reasons for choosing GRIAT.
5. Improve your English
You should also improve your English language skills as the interviews will be in English.
It is advisable but not required to provide official English language proficiency certificate upon admission. More here.
6. Pass the interview. Receive conditional admission letter
7. Submit original of documents (in person/by express mail)
8. Arrive in Kazan. Receive official admission
9. Pay tuition fees
10. Begin your study