Master of Science in Communications and Signal Processing
The Master’s degree program “Communications and Signal Processing” is jointly implemented at the Institute of Radio Electronics and Telecommunications of KNRTU-KAI with TU Ilmenau. The program is aimed to achieving practice-oriented knowledge and skills in the field of Infocommunication Technologies and Communication Systems, and includes basic subjects such as Methods for Modeling and Optimization, Theory of the Construction of Information and Communication Networks and Systems, Information Theory and Coding, Theory of Optimal Signal Processing in Information and Communication Systems as well as advanced subjects such as Advanced Digital Signal Processing, Mobile Communications, Optical Communication Systems, Advanced Course Radiophotonics, Theory of Narrowband Noise in Optical Communications Systems, Advanced Topics in Communications and Signal Processing, MIMO Wireless Communications, etc. Also during studies students are involved to the performance of integrated projects, and at the end of studies they prepare and defend final Master's degree thesis. It is assumed that each student will have two scientific supervisors: one from side of Russian university and second from side of German university. High standards of teaching and research activity are provided by modern innovation infrastructure of leading Russian university and respective German university as well.
Master of Science (MSc)
Bachelor Degree in Engineering
English level of B1 / 4.0 IELTS
Language of Instruction:
Terms of Study:
2 years (4 semesters)
1st and 2nd semesters – at KNRTU-KAI
3rd semester – at Ilmenau University of Technology
4th semester – at KNRTU-KAI
for budget students: free of charge
for contract students: 185.000 RUR per year
KNRTU-KAI, Russia - Prof. Adel Nadeev (AFNadeev@kai.ru)
Ilmenau University of Technology - Prof. Dr. Martin Haardt (email@example.com)
Curriculum (in English and Russian)
Module Handbook (in English and Russian)
Courses and Grades (in English)
- Laboratory of modern telecommunication technologies together with Siemens Int. Corp. equipped with modern telecommunication equipment: switching station Siemens (Hi Path) and Avaya, Cisco routers, wireless local loop equipment
- Laboratory of digital transmission systems and guide systems equipped with modern developing and analyzing tools of analog and digital lines, microwave devices, antenna systems
- Laboratory of mobile communication systems equipped with fully functional educational cellular system by CDMA standard produced by Qualcom, equipment GSM, radio measuring equipment Rhode & Schwarz
- Laboratory of Geographic Information Technology equipped with a software suite “Resource”, which allows us to solve the problem of optimal placement of radio transmitting stations, to carry out research and development of geographic information systems to analyze the coverage areas of broadcasting systems, mobile communications and wireless local loop.
- Laboratory Rhode & Schwarz equipped with advanced radio measuring equipment for dielectric spectroscopy method, radio measurements, and network analysis in the band up to 50 GHz
- Laboratory of distance learning technologies based on the National Instruments technologies enables
- remote laboratory studies with real laboratory and measuring equipment
- “Fiber-optic technology” Center equipped with modern station of recording Bragg fiber gratings, measuring equipment for research and development of radiophotonic’s principles.
- Nanotechnology and Nanomaterials Center equipped with an analytical research equipment for the analysis of nanomaterials and the development of nanotechnology in electronics.