The Scientific and Educational Center for Nanotechnologies and Nanomaterials with a total area of 800 sq.meters is located on the first floor of KNRTU-KAI Building No.8. Its research priorities embrace:
- carbon nanomaterials;
- organic and hybrid nanomaterials;
- polymers and elastomers;
- composite and ceramic materials;
- crystalline materials with special properties;
- new materials and technologies for nanoelectronics, optoelectronics and spintronics;
- mechatronics and microsystem technics;
- nanodiagnostics and probe methods;
- teaching the basics of nanotechnological processes to students and specialists.
The analytic methods applied at the Laboratory include transmission electron microscopy, multifunctional scanning microscopy, X-ray analysis, optical microscopy, atomic power microscopy.
The overall goal is to create a complex of measuring and technological tools, providing users with advanced results, to bring the available resources to the level of the users’ needs and the level of the latest technological developments. In the near future the Lab will be equipped with the latest nano metrology facilities for the synthesis of diamonds, nanocrystalline diamonds and carbon nanotubes, etc.