Our Partner Universities
Otto-von-Guericke University Magdeburg
Otto-von-Guericke University Magdeburg (OvGU) was founded in 1993 and is one of the youngest German universities. It was formed by a merger of the existing Technical University, Teacher Training College and Medical School. The University is named after Otto von Guericke (1602-1686), "Magdeburg's famous son", whose pioneering research into the vacuum made him well-known beyond Germany. The University now is becoming increasingly important as a centre of education and research. It plays an important role in the regional capital Magdeburg which is developing into a centre of business and culture.
Key facts about OvGU:
- The University has about 14 000 students.
- The University compromises 9 faculties: Mechanical engineering; Process and systems engineering; Electrical engineering and information technology; Computer science; Mathematics; Natural sciences; Medicine; Humanities, social sciences and education; Economics and management.
- At OvGU students can choose from 72 degree courses in various areas of study and specialisation.
- There are 11 700 papers published in international journals.
- For more than 3 years OvGU cooperates with KNRTU-KAI within the framework of GRIAT.
- Regularly the professors of OvGU and KNRTU-KAI visit respectively Russia and Germany within the international exchange.
- Main areas of researches:Communication and culture; Social transformation; Computational visualistics; New materials, processes and products; Non-linear systems; Immunology; Neurosciences.
Ilmenau University of Technology
The training of engineers in Ilmenau is built on a long and excellent tradition. The original institution, the Thuringisches Technikum, was founded in 1894. It became the Hochschule fur Elektrotechnik in 1953. Ten years later it was elevated to the Technische Hochschule Ilmenau, reflecting the broader range of degree subjects offered and their academic standard. The Technische Universität Ilmenau (TU Ilmenau) gained the status of University in 1992 and, paradoxically, became one of Germany’s newest universities under its new title.
Key facts about TU Ilmenau: TU Ilmenau is one of four universities in Thuringia. It is a state-funded higher education establishment with about 6 500 students at the last count.There are 17 bachelor and 22 master programs in the fields of engineering, mathematics, natural, economics and social sciences.
- There are 94 professors.
- There are 1 650 foreign students.
- TU Ilmenau became the first partner of GRIAT in its scientific and research component.
- Rector of TU Ilmenau Prof. Peter Scharff is Vice-President of GRIAT.
- Each year, more than 10 professors and doctors come to Kazan to hold the lectures and workshops for GRIAT students.
- Regularly the capital of the Republic of Tatarstan is visited by more than 25 professors of TU Ilmenau.
- Article about GRIAT on the website of TU Ilmenau.
- It has a total of 5 academic departments (faculties):
- Electrical engineering and information technology;
- Computer science and automation;
- Mechanical engineering;
- Mathematics and natural science;
- Economic sciences.
- The University occupies a leading position both nationally and internationally in a number of areas of research, pure and applied:
- Precision engineering, instrumentation and measurement;
- Technical and biomedical prosthetic systems;
- Drive technology, energy and environmental engineering;
- Digital media technology;
- Mobile communications.
University of Kaiserslautern (TU Kaiserslautern) has recently joined the GRIAT Consortium. In September, 2015 Rector of KNRTU-KAI Prof. Dr. Albert Gilmutdinov and Vice-President of TU Kaiserslautern Prof. Dr. Arnd Poetzsch-Heffter signed a Меmorandum of Understanding. Article about the official visit of the Rector Albert Gilmutdinov in Kaiserslautern in October, 2015.
University Kaiserslautern is a research university in Germany. It is organized into 12 faculties. There are currently 15 821 students studying at the university (2010). University of Kaiserslautern was founded on 13 July 1970. Earlier it had been a part of the twin University Trier/Kaiserslautern. In the winter semester 1970/1971 educational and scientific activities started with the enrollment of 191 new students on such faculties as Mathematics, Physics and Technology. In 1972 the set-up gave a boost to the extension of a scientifically specialized structure of the faculties Chemistry and Biology. At the same time the faculty of Technology was split into the faculties Mechanical Engineering and Electrotechnology, Architecture/Regional and Environmental Planning/Educational Sciences.
The university became independent after the separation from its partner University of Trier in 1975. The following faculties, which were established successively, continuously strengthened the university’s scientific character: Electrotechnology (1975), later Electrical and Computer Engineering (1999), Computer Science (1975), Engineering (1975), later Mechanical and Process Engineering (1995), Architecture/Regional and Environmental Planning/Civil Engineering (1978–1979) and Social and Economic Studies (1985). The official name of the University is Technische Universität Kaiserslautern according to the new law on Higher Education of the Land Rhineland Palatinate which came into force on 1 September, 2003.