Among the participants were German-Russian Institute of Advanced Technologies students as well as teachers, curators and students from KNRTU-KAI and the University of Otto-von-Guericke, Magdeburg, Germany.
Dr. Frank March, Director of the International School of Technical University Ilmenau, and Dr. Heiner Dintera, GRIAT Coordinator TU Ilmenau, addressed a welcoming speech to the participants. They summed up the results of two years which passed since the foundation of the GRIAT and wished the students good luck.
Research work results were presented by the students of six specialties:
- 1) Communications and Signal Processing;
- 2) Chemical and Energy Engineering;
- 3) Research in Computer and Systems Engineering;
- 4) Electrical Engineering and Information Technology;
- 5) Automotive Engineering;
- 6) Systems Engineering and Cybernetics
Students' studies were presented in the form of popular science posters, which could be discussed in a friendly atmosphere during a coffee break. After the official part of the conference all the participants visited Ilmenau Mining Museum and a joint dinner.