The application process to GRIAT master programs consists of two parts:
- Application to the German university (for this you have the application form in English and a private folder to upload your documents). This Application form and documents in the private folder we will use to make the lists of candidates for the skype interviews with German and Russian Professors.
- Application to Kazan Aviation Institute. Since GRIAT is an institute within Kazan Aviation Institute you need to be enrolled officially to KAI. For this you need to apply and bring the document to the admission office at Kazan Aviation Institute. Here you may find more information about the admission office working hours, address and list of documents. ATTENTION!: When filling in the KAI application form, please, write 2 programs: GRIAT program and Russian analogue program. For example, Авиастроение (ГРИНТ) & Авиастроение (list of programs find here) This allows you to get your documents transferred to the Russian master program in case you do not pass the skype interview with German professors, so you do not risk your master studies admission process at all
IT IS OBLIGATORY TO APPLY BOTH TO GRIAT AND TO KAI. OTHERWISE, WE WILL NOT BE ABLE TO LET YOU TAKE THE ADMISSION EXAMS IN THE RUSSIAN UNIVERSITY
Step 1. The German-Russian Institute of advanced Technologies administration will review the application forms and the documents you upload to your folder in order to make the short list of applicants, that are invited to the interview. Please, upload all the documents as soon as possible! 90% of the applications will be reviewed by July, 20 (Exception - the applications from the students that are now in a military camp with limited access to the Internet . Their applications will be reviewed until August, 4)
Step 2. The chosen candidates will be invited to the skype interview with German professors
Step 3. All applicants that have brought their documents to the KAI admission office will be invited to the KAI admission exam. If you are not invited to the skype interview or you do not enter GRIAT, the application form made to the Kazan Aviation Institute allows you to enter KAI without any difficulties.
Step 4. After successful accomplishment of all the exams you will be enrolled to German-Russian Institute of advanced Technologies.
Getting ready for the exams
1. Please, find the skype interview tips attached here.
2. Please, find the the list of exam topics topics in this link.
3. Please, when filling in the application form write proper answers to the open questions. See this application form as a preparation for the skype interview.
4. Please, follow our letters. We will make additional appointments with program coordinators. Please, check spam box.
Studying at GRIAT:
1. We have both budget and contract studies. Contract studies are worth 2950 euro per year.
2. Our students have a chance to apply for the scholarships and grants to go to Germany: Algarysh grant, Erasmus grant, Siemens scholarship etc. Staying for one semester in Germany costs approximately 5000 - 6000 euro (incl. flight tickets, accommodation, food, study fee, insurance). Availability of scholarship doesn’t depend on whether you are a contract student or not.
Feel free to ask our GRIAT team any questions!